A busy weekend away for us means a quiet weekend for the blog, but I have been sewing away and am so very nearly there with the calendars- I would have been posting photos of at least a couple of finished pieces but I bought the wrong size of bias binding- a gutting discovery! Well, sewing is both satisfying and frustrating in almost equal measure. I did as much as I could on them and finished off some bunting instead- here are the fruits of my labour! In the obligatory reds and greens:
And in a more country palate of pinks and blues:
They are three metres long each, with 14 flags and 30cm ties. I also cut and sewed some more flags, some in children’s safari fabric:
And some in a sort of arts and crafts palate, very Morris colours (although no actual Morris prints!):
I can go no further sadly as I don’t have any more cotton tape. Start and stop!
I will get bias binding tomorrow and I will finish these calendars!