At long last I have made something for Solomon! I’ve been meaning to make him a duvet cover (the rascal refuses a grobag now, much to my dismay and his chilly, wriggly nights) for ages- not only because the poor child only had one ancient Laura Ashley one that belonged to my little sister (now 21) but because I wanted to practice using my new machine by doing a really straightforward, straight-lined project. That went out of the window with the craft fair and I started out with my machine making all sorts of twisty, curvy, tiny birds. But finally the long-promised duvet cover has been delivered.
I was 5 cm short for the duvet so instead of having a daft looking 5 cm strip of blue I made it a good size to make a feature out of it. This happily also left me with a nice leftover bit of Zoo to use on other things. The blue is also used for the backing fabric:
There aren’t any buttons or ties to faff about with, just a hemmed opening along the bottom, a la Ikea- nice and simple. Sol loves it!